About the scheme…
As a member of the scheme, which is provided in association with Serious Cycle Scheme’s corporate partners, which is free to join and without obligation, you, and your family and friends will be provided with up to £150,000 of cover for legal costs should you be involved in a road traffic accident.
The Scheme is…
- Provided by one of the country’s leading law firms, who have been representing the victims of serious cycling accidents for almost 30 years;
- Free to join, providing you have reached us through a link provided by one of our corporate partners, because we have taken out and paid for the policy of insurance that will cover our members. Should you have an accident and your case be accepted, legal fees will be paid by either the ‘other party’, if the case is successful, or the £150,000 of insurance cover the scheme provides.
Why we set up the Scheme…
- In our experience, the victims of accidents often end up in the hands of solicitors who do not specialise in cycle injury claims, who don’t care passionately about protecting the rights of vulnerable road users such as cyclists and who don’t have a proven track record in cycling accident cases;
- We are committed to promoting the welfare of cyclists, and that in the event of an accident, there interests are protected. In providing the scheme we want to ensure that the injured party receives the professional help they need and that they do not have to worry about the costs of pursuing a claim;
- If we win your case, then we will usually be paid our fees by the responsible party/their insurance company. This payment will be in addition to your compensation. There will be no deduction from your compensation for our costs. We also get to continue doing the things that we are passionate about – helping vulnerable cyclists, winning sometimes difficult cases and achieving high levels of compensation for our clients.
As a registered member of the Serious Cycle Scheme, you and your family will have the benefit of free legal expenses insurance cover up to £150,000 should you have a road traffic accident whilst cycling.